Master Teacher (PCMB), Tamil Medium
The Master Teacher is the backbone of Avantis classroom responsible for the end-to-end operations for one Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya school including teaching, inspiring, training and motivating students towards achieving their learning goals.
We are looking of Teachers having 4-6 years of experience in Teaching(JEE Advance/NEET level)
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Following are the major responsibilities that could change as per demand of the dynamic work requirements.
The role of a Master Teacher involves the following tasks, functions and responsibilities:
1. Classroom Teaching and Management
- Conduct Online/Offline classes
- Prepare for classroom sessions with Presentation Slides in advance and teach students for
- ~30 hours a week using Avantis unique pedagogy in which students discuss conceptual questions with peers and work collaboratively on problem sets/assignments
- Explains concepts with clarity in a creative & interesting way using real life examples.
- Actively monitor students progress, their classwork and homework to ensure that they are on track to achieving their learning goals
- Encourage self-discipline and punctuality in Avanti Classroom
- Orient new hires about Avanti Pedagogy and introduce them to teaching process
- Conduct training sessions to new hires and help them improve in teaching skills and maintain the training notes
3. Mentoring, Career Guidance and Academic Support
- Build strong relationships with students through one-on-one interaction sessions, helping students overcome their problems both academic and personal in the process
- Regularly work with students to break down their academic workload into small achievable goals; Track their progress on these goals
- Debrief with students regularly on their test scores and classroom performance (both CBSE
- board and Avanti); suggesting ideas for improvement
- Enable students to chalk out their future career paths by providing them with information about different options available to them based on their strengths and interests
4. Parent Engagement
- Discuss student performance with their parents in person or over phone at least once a month.
- Conduct Parent Teacher Meetings(PTMs) in schools at least once every 3 months and share aggregate and individual reports on student performance with parents
5. Data Analysis
- Consistently collect and upload feedback about classroom and test performance on Avantis online learning management system
- Quarterly analyse students performance and track high/low performers; provide necessary support.
- Generate insights on reasons for poor student performance; devise solutions to address those problems
6. Additional Initiatives
- Create a healthy learning culture by working on initiatives like (but not limited to) arranging expert guest sessions, organizing field trips/excursions, planning scientific debates in the classroom, etc.
- Basic proficiency in using computer software
- Full time degree in M.Sc./ B.E./B.Tech/M.Tech
- Passion for teaching & working in the Education Sector.
- Previous experience in teaching is a plus.
- Proficiency in Class XI & XII Physics/Chemistry/Maths/Biology (one subject).
- Experience required is 4-6 years teaching of advance JEE/NEET level.
- Belief that all students can learn and achieve their goals
- Ability to connect with, inspire and motivate students
- Strong interpersonal & communication skills
Salary Details: Depending on candidate experience
Location: Chennai, (Currently Remote)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: ₹600,000.00 - ₹950,000.00 per year
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Health insurance
- Internet reimbursement
- Work from home
Supplemental pay types:
- 2. Subject matter knowledge in any one subject (Chemistry/Maths/Biology/Physics) for JEE/NEET Level?
- Do you have Laptop/Desktop and internet connectivity at your place?
- Teaching: 4 years (Required)
Speak with the employer
Expected Start Date: 04/07/2023