Position Title: Quant Analyst - India
The Quant Analyst shall be responsible for development and validation of models to estimate power demand, generation, and nodal prices. The analyst shall work directly with the traders to apply engineering techniques to optimize portfolio construction. It will be expected of the analysts to familiarize themselves with the energy markets and apply innovative quantitative techniques. The analyst shall also work with the risk management team to measure, analyze, and manage the risk in our power trading business.
- Work with the nodal trading team to develop, manage and extend quantitative models for nodal power markets
- Perform statistical analysis of electricity nodal market price and demand data.
- Building statistical load/ generation models using Time Series and Regression-based techniques.
- Applying financial engineering techniques/ models for improving and optimizing portfolio construction.
- Developing metrics to measure market attributes and publishing reports to quantify market behavior
- Data Mining techniques to hunt for signals in semi-structured data sets.
Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor's in Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Operations
Research, Electrical Engineering, CS, Industrial Engineering or Statistics
- Experience in developing, maintaining, and supporting analytical libraries and pricing models.
- Good knowledge of programming in Python and SQL databases
- Knowledge of principles of statistics and probability in Finance.
- Knowledge about optimization techniques and statistical learning methods.
- Commercial motivation to understand the Energy Markets.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to get things done under pressure. Desire to work in a team- oriented culture.
This document and the information in it are provided in confidence, for the purpose of exploring business opportunities between River Crest Power and the receiving party concerning staffing and placement services and may not be disclosed to any third party or used for any other purpose without the express written permission of
River Crest Power.
About BioUrja Group
The BioUrja Group spans the globe with facilities in India, Singapore, Mexico and 25 locations across United States. BioUrja supplies and trades physical & Financial commodities, including biofuels, petroleum products, crude oil, natural gas, electric power, metal alloys, grains and animal feed products. We are among the four largest privately held companies in Houston, Texas and are built upon the entrepreneurial spirit of our hundreds of employees and the creativity and deep experience of our management team.
About Power Trading Team
River Crest Power is a Power Marketer active across North American physical and financial markets, with an emphasis on congestion management, asset management and trading. River Crest Power features an experienced team that has navigated the last 15 years of exceptional reform and market evolution with success, integrity, and a culture of compliance. The members of the team are alumni from the IIMs, IITs and NITs, several reputed US Universities.
Currently the power team is based in United States - Houston and India – Indore & Hyderabad.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From ₹100,000.00 per month
- Commuter assistance
- Food provided
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
Supplemental pay types:
- Commission pay
- Performance bonus
- Yearly bonus
- Statistical Modelling: 2 years (Required)
- Financial modeling: 1 year (Preferred)
- Power Markets: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commodity Markets: 4 years (Required)
- Python: 2 years (Required)