Desktop Support – Job Description:
As an IT technical support officer, you'll install and configure computer systems, diagnose
hardware and software faults and solve technical and application problems, either over the
phone or in person. You'll cover one or more areas of expertise, depending on the size of the
Responsibilities and duties
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks.
- Installing and configuring computer hardware, software, systems, networks, printers, and
- Responding in a timely manner to service issues and requests
- Providing technical support across the company (this may be in person or over the phone)
- Setting up accounts for new users.
- Repairing and replacing equipment as necessary
- Maintain and Resolve issues on LAN/WAN, VPN, biometric, AV systems connections.
- Coordinate with vendors to resolve technical problems with desktop/Laptop computing
equipment and software.
- Support in testing and deployment of new applications and systems.
- Address user tickets regarding hardware, software and networking.
- Conduct remote troubleshooting.
- Organize and file documentation pertaining to warranties and instructional guides for